Monday, January 10, 2005

Ahhh...the difference between a man and a woman..

Ahh...the difference between a man and a woman. Women just do not understand the men's almost animalistic attraction to cool gadgets. There I was thinking, "Now that we have our crib, stroller and infant car seat, what is the next most important thing on the list?" It's a no brainer...of course a......CAMCORDER! How else are we going to capture the birth of our little one and record the thousands of hours of home video capturing every imaginable moment of your little one...then being able to bore the hell out of visiting friends and relatives? :-) But seriously folks, I was contemplating just using my Canon G3 digital camera but the video quality there was just horrendous. So, only a camcorder will do. Naturally, I started my whole research into which camcorder to buy. After doing about several weeks' worth of research, I have down selected a few models all ranging from mid CAD$400s to CAD$1000s. Knowing my wife and how she might react to me getting a really expensive model, I decided to "compromise" and bought a low end JVC model but yet obtained www.camcorderinfo.com's best camcorder under US$400. Then I saw a sale from A&B Sound here advertising it for...god forbid...CAD$397!!! Such a good price that I was surprised that they still had any left! The sales person I spoke to over the phone told me that he has but one unit left. So, without any hessitation in the heart, I plopped down my creditcard, read him the number and told him that I would collect it the next available oppotunity. One would have thought that I made a really wise decision indeed....

Well, guess what my wife had to say about this when I finally collected the camera from the store and brought it home (thinking I would surprise her with it)? Surprise her I did indeed. She screamed bloody murder! Almost went balistic over the fact that I actually coughed up CAD$400 for a camcorder when we still have yet to buy baby bottles, huggies (or pampers for that matter), crib mattress, diaper bag, diaper genie etc. etc. Ahh...like I said, what does a woman know about a man's soul and his inate attraction to everything and anything electronic? ...

No comments: