Saturday, July 28, 2007

Costco anyone?

Now that I'm a father of 2 boys, our Costco membership just suddenly seems a lot more valuable. Diapers are significantly cheaper, Vaseline Petroleum Jelly, Di-Vi-Sol etc. all is significantly cheaper there as well.

One thing that we are always amazed over is Costco's return policy. During one of our trips to Costco doing a legit return, we saw a lady in front of us carrying a dead pot of hanging flowers. Both myself and Wendy looked at each other and thought to ourselves, "NOOOOOooooo....don't tell me that she is trying to return a dead plant!" What excuses is she going to give?

Maybe it went like this:
Lady, "Sorry, but I left my plant in my front porch for a week and it died."
Costco Rep, "But you have a water the plant ma'am."
Lady, "Ohhh? Really? Then it is still Costco's fault because you didn't provide any instructions!!"

In anycase, she got her money back!

We were actualy cracking up laughing to ourselves. In a seperate occasion, I was just chatting with one of my colleagues and I was telling him about how ridiculous some people are in what they return and he told me another story that just got me rolling on the floor laughing.

He said that once when he was doing another return to Costco, he started a small chat with the Costco Rep and he asked her what was the most ridiculous item that someone has returned. She thought for a while and said, once, she actually had a customer returning a plate full of T-bone steak's bones. The customer said, I'm not satisfied with your steaks and I want my money back! :-) And amazingly, Costco honoured it. Now, that is what I call service. I just hope that not so many people will abuse this privilege...

Sheessshhhh....

1 comment:

eileen said...

We love Costco too!!
Not that we have made many returns or have seen any funny returns :-)
For us, we go in for a couple of thing son our list and come out with many items in our cart. Why does that always happen??
And Kat loves to eat all the free food samples.